Adoption Records in California Courts
Adoption files are not available to the public. The parties to the adoption may get copies of adoption files from the court clerk where the adoption was granted. Other requests may require a court order before seeing the file.
- The U.S. State Department and the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services have more information about international adoptions.
- Find out about the Internal Revenue Service’s adoption credit.
- The California Adoption Assistance Program (AAP) gives financial aid to families adopting special needs children.
- California Department of Social Service On-Line Forms and Publications
- Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Children and Family Services: Adoption
- Children and Family Services Division
- Costs of Adopting (PDF) factsheet.
- Free and Low Cost Legal Help.