How to Get an “Abstract of Judgment”

en español>

An “Abstract of Judgment” Opens new window is a summary of the court’s final decision in this case. It can be used as a lien if it is filed with the county recorder. 

To get an Abstract of Judgment

Step 1.
Get and fill out an:

  • Abstract of Judgment-Civil and Small Claims (Form EJ-001Opens new window 

    There will be a fee.

Step 2.
File form EJ-001 with the court clerk.

The court clerk will stamp the Abstract form and give the original back to you.

Make at least 3 copies of the Abstract that has the court stamp on it.  Keep one set for your own file.

You will need an Abstract of Judgment to 


Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.