Partial Payment of Judgment

en español>

Every time the judgment debtor pays you part of the debt, you – the creditor – have to file an Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of Judgment (Form EJ-100) with the court.

To do that:

Step 1.
Get and fill out an:

  •  Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of Judgment (Form EJ-100Opens new window

Complete the section that deals with “partial satisfaction of judgment.” 

Sign the form in front of a notary public. Opens new window

Step 2.
File Opens new window the form at court and pay the court’s filing fee. 

  • Make at least 2 copies of the form that has the court stamp on it -- one copy for your file and one copy for the debtor(s).

Step 3.
Serve Opens new window a copy of Form EJ-100 on the debtor. 

  • Remember: You cannot serve the form yourself. Have an adult who is not involved in the case serve the form for you. Your server may mail the form or serve the debtor in person. 
  • Have your server complete a Proof of Service form – Form POS-020 Opens new window for service in person, or Form POS-030 Opens new window for service by mail. 
  • Make a copy of the Proof of Service and keep it in a safe place.

Step 4.
Tell the court you have 'served' your forms (Proof of Service) 

  • File the original Proof of Service (either the POS-020 or POS-030) at the court.

TIP:  Leave all liens and levies in place until you are fully paid.  Remember to renew them at least 6 months before they expire.  Also, remember that they expire at different times.



Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.