Paying Your Judgment

en español>

After the trial hearing, the court clerk will mail you a Notice of Entry of Judgment (Form SC-130), which states that the small claims case has been decided – and who won and lost.

NOTE: The person who won the case is now called the “judgment creditor.”
If you lost the case, you are now called the “judgment debtor.”

If you are the judgment debtor, you may have two questions right away: 

If the court says that you have to pay the judgment creditor money, probably you will pay the money right away.  As soon as you pay your judgment debt in full, the judgment creditor needs to:

  1. Fill out the short form on the back of the Notice of Entry of Judgment (Form SC- 130), called the “Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of Judgment.”
  2. File Opens new
    window the form with the court.
  3. Serve Opens new
    window you with a copy of the Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of Judgment.

If you do NOT PAY the money right away, your wages, money, and property may be taken without further warning from the court.  To learn what you, as the judgment debtor, can do for yourself, click on one of the links below.

TIP:  Organize Your File on Paying the Judgment 

Other questions:

Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.